Some helpful hints for using AI:
- AI is the first cousin of positive psychology, rather than being about positive thinking.
- It offers up its greatest benefits when seen as a way of being, by working from the principles
- It does not ignore problems but looks at them from a different perspective
- At its best it is generative and transformational
- Ideally before using it, take some AI training to feel comfortable and fluent with the approach. If that is not possible then ‘start small’ by asking different and appreciative questions
- Practice using AI interview questions (protocols).
- AI will be particularly useful where learning and sharing of best practice is a key objective
- Taking time on the Definition stage from the 5D model is useful in defining a topic for the inquiry
What are the essential benefits?
There are a number of well documented benefits of using AI:
- The emphasis on ‘building on what works’ and on people’s strengths is energising.
- The assumptions lying behind it contribute to its generativity
- It encourages co-creativity, co-design, and an understanding of the whole system.
- It fosters solutions and actions that are “owned”.
- It encourages personal and organisational resilience and well- being.